Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 31 March 2018

I did not !





Following news report appeared in yesterday’s Mumbai Mirror :











Nearly a year-and-a-half after the BMC offered citizens parking space on the roads for a fee, it claims it has found no takers and the policy could be abandoned altogether.



“We have the NOCs from the traffic police for 34 more applications but the housing societies have not shown interest. As of now, only two societies have taken up the parking spots. The policy has not taken off as expected,” Assistant Municipal Commissioner (A Ward) Kiran Dighavkar said.


“From the feedback we have received, it seems people find it irritating that they have to move their car from the parking spot at 8 am. But we can’t allow them to park beyond that as there is hardly any space on the roads during the morning and evening rush hours. Also, with several roads dug up due to Metro construction, there’s absolutely no space available,” a BMC official said.



Narwekar claimed the BMC may have wanted to scrap the policy so that it could dole out pay-and-park contractors. “It appears the parking mafia is pressurising the BMC,” he said.





All I did was to point out this scheme as :



But in my blog , I did suggest an “ unbiased and corruption proof “ technology-based solution which could earn BMC, nearly Rs 10,000 crores per year , from parking fees !


How much could my suggestion earn all the Municipalities of India , every year ?



Considering that our total ( country wide ) population of vehicles is more than 60 times the number of vehicles in Mumbai , this could well be Rs 6 lakh*crores



For an investment of just Rs 50 crore !  No “ April fool “ this  !



You don’t have to believe me .  Just ask Dr K Sivan , Chief of ISRO

 


01  April  2018


No comments:

Post a Comment