Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 24 March 2018

#WorldWaterDay #Water


Indian Water  Warriors  ?



Yesterday , I wrote :







which contained a reference to an Indian working on extracting clean drinking water from dry desert air – and using only sunlight as energy


He is :

·         Sameer R. Rao   [   srrao@mit.edu  ]


 

 

Today , I came across another Indian also working on the same problem – also in USA


 

 

He is :


 

Akshay  Deshmukh   [  akshay.deshmukh@yale.edu  ]

 

 

Ref :

 

·         https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=SxKsRlUAAAAJ&hl=en


 

·         https://elimelechlab.yale.edu/people/akshay-deshmukh



 

 

And his work ( getting clean water from dry desert air – using Solar energy ) is at :


 

Using Solar Power To Bring Clean Drinking Water To Remote Areas


https://scienceblog.com/499980/using-solar-power-to-bring-clean-drinking-water-to-remote-areas/




It speaks poorly, of our University System which fails to encourage bright Indian minds to work here and instead go to American Universities , to conduct research which has greatest – and immediate – practical impact on the health of millions of Indians




I hope this is one aspect that Shri Prakas Javadekarji would want to examine – and set right – while granting greater autonomy to our Universities


 

In the meantime , will Shri Nitin Gadkariji , consider sending emails to these “ Indian Water Warriors “ , requesting them to immediately return to India and promise them all help to continue their research here ?

 

May be Shri Gadkariji could offer them a financial “ Grant “ , to set up a JV with ISRO ( our own pioneer in Solar Power technology ) , for commercializing this technology !



A phone call would be faster and much more effective  !

 

25  March  2018

www.hemenparekh.in / blogs

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment