Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 9 October 2026

IndiaGoodsTraffic,gov.in : A Blue Print for Viksit Bharat

 




Subject: 

Highways as “Conveyor Belts of Commerce”: from 7.97% to 5% logistics cost,

with the 57th GST Council’s reform as the launch pad

 

Click to View  >   www.IndiaGoodsTraffic.gov.in : 

https://claude.ai/artifact/DBbQdrGKU9qSEwWFK9MDa3#page-03174c151310


===================================================


Respected Shri Piyush Goyalji,


Yesterday (8 Oct 2026) the 57th GST Council recommended amending Sections

 68, 129 and 130 of the CGST Act. Under the amendments:

  • A goods vehicle may be intercepted only on specific intelligence, with Joint Commissioner approval.

  • Interception will happen only in the state of the supplier or recipient, never in a state the goods merely pass through. The one exception is a consignment with no e-way bill or documents.

  • Goods and vehicles in transit will not be confiscated.

This is a historic step, and I congratulate the Government on it.


What I had requested in 2017


On 15 July 2017, in my email “A New Way to E-Way?” to the GST Council and

Cabinet Ministers, I wrote:


“Aim to turn India’s highways into friction-less ‘Conveyor Belts of

 Commerce’… If you guarantee the business / industry that NO INSPECTOR will

 stop the truck along its journey, they will willingly implement ANY / ALL

 technologies to serve the purpose of E Way Bill… all corruption starts by

 permitting HUMANS to ‘interpret’ whether a given process was correct.”


I proposed item-level QR/RFID on every carton, linked to the e-way bill, with

 sensors reading trucks the way Amazon or FedEx conveyor belts read packages,

 without stopping the flow. I also proposed NavIC GPS, IoT and Internet of

 Vehicles (“Fast Forward to IoV?”, 3 July 2017).


On 19 May 2021, in “Slow – but as Envisaged?”, I thanked you and Shri

 Gadkariji for integrating the e-way bill with FASTag/RFID, which already reported

 about 25 lakh goods-vehicle movements a day from over 800 tolls.


👉 https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2021/05/slow-but-as-envisaged.html


Yesterday’s recommendation delivers the “no inspector in transit” guarantee I

 asked for nine years ago. What remains is to put every stakeholder on one

 platform, so the guarantee becomes the everyday experience on the road.



Proposal  :     www.IndiaGoodsTraffic.gov.in


I have prepared a clickable mockup with 11 pages: [LINK TO MOCKUP]

Stakeholders, all on one portal:

  • Seller and sender
  • Buyer and receiver
  • Truck owner and driver
  • GST officers and State inspectors
  • GST Department
  • Road Transport Department and RTOs
  • Municipal corporations
  • Banks and insurers
  • Logistics parks and truck terminals


15 AI agents and one Orchestrator do the paperwork. 


Each agent reads from systems the Government already runs :

 : GSTN, the e-way bill system, Vahan, Sarathi, FASTag/NETC, ULIP, UPI,

   DigiLocker and CPGRAMS.

 

  • Before departure:

    • The Smart e-Way Bill agent generates the e-way bill automatically from the e-invoice, with an item-level QR/RFID manifest.

    • The Load Matching agent fills empty return trips.

    • The Pre-Departure Compliance agent checks fitness, permit, insurance, weight and driver hours.

    • A city entry slot is booked with the trip.

  • On the road:

    • Journey Watch follows each truck through FASTag/RFID and number-plate cameras at tolls.

    • The Interception Gatekeeper turns the 57th Council’s rules into code. It refuses any interception that lacks recorded intelligence, JC approval or proper jurisdiction. Every request and decision is logged.

    • Weigh-in-motion sensors catch overloading without stopping traffic.

    • Drivers get an SOS button and a one-tap grievance for unauthorised stops.


  • At delivery:

    • The buyer’s gate scans every carton.

    • e-POD with OTP closes the e-way bill and releases freight and goods payment from escrow the same day.

    • Input tax credit is confirmed against the quantity actually delivered.


  • Oversight:

    • GST reconciliation is done from data, by matching e-invoice, e-way bill, toll crossings, e-POD and GSTR. Bill trading and e-way bill recycling surface as cases, not roadside checks.

    • A national command centre tracks speed, dwell time, empty running and cost per tonne-km.


Logistics cost : from 7.97% to 5% of GDP


In September 2025 you released India’s first official estimate of logistics cost:

 7.97% of GDP (DPIIT–NCAER). The portal attacks the remaining cost through

 five levers:

  1. Non-stop movement
  2. Fewer empty trips
  3. No paper and no manual compliance
  4. Same-day payment
  5. Data-driven consolidation and shift to rail and coastal shipping


The mockup’s command centre has a simulator that shows how these levers

 together could take India to 5%. I propose a pilot on one corridor, such as

 JNPA to Delhi, to measure each lever with real data.


A benchmark for the world


India showed the world UPI. IndiaGoodsTraffic could do the same for goods: the

first national system where tax compliance comes from data instead of

 roadside checks, and where honest transporters are never stopped. It could be

 offered to Global South partners as Digital Public Infrastructure.


A perfect tenant for MeitY’s AI agent platform


I understand MeitY has just selected CoRover to build a unified AI platform for

delivery of government services. IndiaGoodsTraffic, along with the AI-based

building approval portal I recently proposed to Maharashtra CM Shri Fadnavisji,

would be an ideal lighthouse use-case. It spans several ministries, states and

cities, and it shows what agentic AI can do for the economy, not just for citizen

services.


May I request you to consider taking this up with the GST Council, MoRTH, MeitY

and DPIIT?


With regards,


Hemen Parekh


Mumbai


www.hemenparekh.ai | www.IndiaAGI.ai


No comments:

Post a Comment