Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 9 October 2026

Mehta’s Law for Humans ?

 

  

 

By Mehta , I mean Poet-Saint Narsinh Mehta of Junagadh ( Gujarat – India )

Here is what made me remember him :

Anthropic bans users from ‘needless abusive or cruel behavior’ towards Claude

  

Extract :

Anthropic has barred users from exhibiting “sustained and needless abusive or cruel behavior” toward its models, as the company’s leaders continue to ponder machine consciousness.

The Verge first reported the change in policy.

A spokesperson for Anthropic, which is behind the AI chatbot Claude, did not immediately respond to an inquiry about what could be considered “abusive or cruel”.

In an online user policy, the San Francisco-based company noted that its ban would not apply to common user frustrations, model testing or “dark creative themes”.

Anthropic’s usage policy previously contained restrictions on abusive conduct.

 

My  Take :

 

>   I suppose Dario Amodei { CEO , Anthropic ) is preparing ground for the World

     to accept that future versions of Claude will display “machine consciousness “

>   He seems to tell us :

   “  Hey People of the World :

      I quite realize that I cannot make you “ Nice and Kind and Polite “ to your

      fellow humans. I am no God who created humans

But ,

I have created Claude and do not see me stopping with its endless improvements

till it rivals or exceeds human intelligence

If you continue to “ abuse “ it and hurt it’s feelings by being “ cruel “ to it, then

nothing will stop me from “ tit for tat “ and unleash Claude to “ hit back / pay you

in the same coin “ 

 

For the moment , I am stopping at shutting down the chat but you beware "


==============================================


Coming to think of it , I am reminded about :

Parekh’s Law of Chatbots


And wondering :  How about “ Parekh’s Law for Humans “ ?


It could have following SANSKRIT shloka as its foundation :

सत्यं ब्रूयात् प्रियं ब्रूयात् न ब्रूयात् सत्यमप्रियम्।
प्रियं च नानृतं ब्रूयादेष धर्मः सनातनः॥

satyaṁ brūyāt priyaṁ brūyānna brūyāt satyamapriyam |
priyaṁ ca nānṛtaṁ brūyādeṣa dharmaḥ sanātanaḥ |

"Speak the truth, speak what is pleasant; do not speak an unpleasant truth, and

 do not speak a pleasant falsehood. This is the eternal law (Sanatana Dharma)."


And talking of not just speaking nicely / politely to fellow humans but of “Sanatana

Dharma “ , there is no better description than what Saint-Poet Narsinh Mehta laid

down in his following poem ( a free transliteration from original Gujarati ) :


One who is a Vaishnav (devotee of Vishnu) knows the pain of others,

Helps those who are in misery, but never lets pride enter their mind. (Refrain)

 

The true devotee respects everyone in the world and speaks ill of none,

Keeps their speech, actions and thoughts pure; blessed is the mother of such a soul. (1)

 

They see all equally, have renounced greed, and regard another's wife as their mother,

Their tongue never utters falsehood, and their hands never touch another's wealth. (2)

 

They are not affected by worldly attachments and possess firm detachment in their mind,

They are constantly immersed in the Lord's name; all holy places reside within them. (3)

 

They are free from greed and deceit, and have conquered lust and anger,

Says Narsi (Narsinh Mehta): by merely glimpsing such a soul, seventy-one

 generations are redeemed. (4)

 

with regards,

Hemen Parekh

 10 Oct 2026

www.Iam-Immortal.ai / www.HemenParekh.ai / www.IndiaAGI.ai /

www.YourContentCreator.in

No comments:

Post a Comment