Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Sunday, 16 August 2026

Dear Narendrabhai Modiji : Here is one Motivation

 Regarding your inspiring vision for Indian companies to reach global scale


=================================================

Respected Prime Minister Modiji,


I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for the lofty and inspiring targets

 you set for Indian companies in your Independence Day address yesterday. Your

 call to action for our businesses to achieve world-class scale is a powerful vision

 that resonates deeply with our national aspirations for a Viksit Bharat.


To translate this ambition into reality, I believe we must align our economic

 structures to incentivize such growth. As I have previously proposed, a highly

 effective "out-of-the-box" approach would be the implementation of an

"Inversion of Job Reduction" tax regime.


Under this proposal, the corporate tax rate would be inversely linked to a

 company's total employment headcount: the more persons a company employs,

 the lower its corporate tax burden becomes.


  • Up to 100 persons: 30%
  • 101–500 persons: 25%
  • 501–1,000 persons: 20%
  • 1,001–5,000 persons: 15%
  • 5,001–10,000 persons: 10%
  • Above 10,000 persons: 5%

Furthermore, additional tax incentives could be granted based on the average age

 of the workforce, encouraging companies to hire and train India’s young

 demographic.


This model is simple to administer through the Income Tax Department and

 focuses on total sustainable employment rather than just incremental hiring. I am

 confident that by incentivizing our private sector to prioritize large-scale

 employment as a key driver of their business success, we can rapidly accelerate

 the journey of Indian companies to the global stage.


Thank you for your continued leadership and your unwavering commitment to

 building a prosperous and self-reliant India.



With profound respect,


Hemen Parekh


Sources

#TitleDateAbout
1INVENTIVIZING EMPLOYMENT2016-08-01Original detailed proposal for an inverted corporate tax regime based on company headcount.
2Eleven Years to Implement ELI2025-07-01A later reference to the earlier proposal in the context of government employment schemes

No comments:

Post a Comment