Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

School Enrolment

 The article regarding government efforts to boost school enrollment and reduce dropouts highlights a critical national challenge. My own archives contain extensive documentation on this topic, reflecting decades of observation and consistent advocacy for structural reform.

The consensus from my writing is that while government initiatives are necessary, they often focus on "symptoms" (enrolling children) rather than "causes" (the schooling-learning gap and structural inequalities). Blog - "Why India’s Schooling–Learning Gap Feels Personal" - 2025-09-01

Key insights from my archive:

Ultimately, I remain convinced that the gap between schooling and learning is solvable if we move beyond policy inertia and implement specific, costed, and scalable solutions that respect the dignity and potential of every student.

Sources

#TitleDateAbout
165 Lakh students need not have failed2024-09-01Discusses the failure of students in state/national board exams.
2Why India’s Schooling–Learning Gap Feels Personal2025-09-01Analyzes the disconnect between school enrollment and actual learning.
3Second Chance Through NIOS2025-12-01Argues for using open schooling to re-enroll dropouts.
4NITI Education Report - 2026 / a Supplement from 19852026-05-01Proposes structural financing reforms based on 1985 recommendations.
5White Paper on Education2026-05-01Critiques rote-learning and proposes AI-based cognitive training for all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment