Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Thursday, 20 August 2026

Dear RBI Governor : You can eliminate Corruption




 Subject: 


Proposal for Self-Powered RFID Currency:


Leveraging Breakthroughs in Nano-Sensor Technology



Dear Shri Malhotraji ,

[  RBI  Governor  ]


Following my recent suggestion regarding the integration of RFID chips into our

 polymer currency notes, I would like to provide an updated technical perspective.

 The primary historical obstacle to this proposal has been the power constraint—

finding a way to provide energy to an RFID sensor embedded in a thin, non-

battery-powered note.


However, recent advancements in ultra-low-power, self-powered sensor

 technology have rendered this challenge surmountable. I believe these

 developments warrant a review of the feasibility of embedding RFID into our high-

denomination banknotes:


  • Solar-Powered Miniaturization: 
  • We have seen recent successful deployments of nano-scale, solar-powered
  •  tracking devices, such as those used in Monarch butterfly project .
  •  These demonstrate that energy-autonomous, ultra-light sensors are no longer
  •  theoretical.


  • Practicality of Handling: 

  • While dormant cash in vaults was a concern, we have identified that currency
  •  in circulation is subject to regular handling. This physical interaction—along
  •  with exposure to ambient light—can recharge embedded
  •  microsupercapacitors
  • Email - "FW: TENG / Triboelectric Nanogeneratot" - July 2018.

By adopting these self-powered architectures, the Reserve Bank of India could

 create a "Money-Tracking" infrastructure that enables the IT/ED departments to

 detect large, unauthorized accumulations of high-denomination notes. This would

 be a transformative step in eliminating the generation and storage of black

 money.



I have advocated for this concept for several years

Blog - "A Breakthrough for powering tiny RFID Sensors ?" - July 2023 

and am confident that the current state of material science allows us to bridge the

 gap between "operational challenge" and "national solution."


I would be honored to discuss how these emerging technologies could be adapted

 for our specific currency requirements.


Respectfully,

Hemen Parekh


Sources





https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/technology/tech-news/monarch-butterfly-has-been-added-to-endangered-species-list-to-conserve-them-scientists-in-california-have-given-them-solar-powered-radio-backpacks/articleshow/133330676.cms


https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2026/05/a-vaccine-for-rs-500-currency-note.html  ..  30  May  2026

https://myblogepage.blogspot.com/2026/06/passive-rfid-in-currency-note-world.html ..  06  Junr  2026


.


No comments:

Post a Comment