Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 31 August 2026

Witness to Sputnik : 11 Oct 1957

 I asked  Google  GEMINI :


what can you tell me about this Gujarati handwritten note of mine dated 11 october 1957 ? "


GEMINI replied :


" Based on the handwritten document shown in the preview:

Document Overview

  • Date & Location: 

  • The top right corner is dated ઓક્ટોબર ૧૧, ૧૯૫૭ (October 11, 1957) with "કોરેંસ" (Lawrence) noted underneath.

  • Header Details: 

  • At the top left, the name Hemendra C. Parekh and qualification B.E. (Mech) are printed on the letterhead.

  • Language & Script: 

  • Written in standard Gujarati script, with a few English annotations at the top ("Change to kilom.").


Content & Setting

  • Setting the Scene:

    • Location (સ્થળ): 

    • Distance given as ૨૩૯,૦૦૦ માઇલ દૂર (239,000 miles away) on ઉપગ્રહ ચંદ્ર (the Moon / lunar satellite).

    • Time (સમય): 

    • ઓક્ટો. ૯, ૧૯૫૭ ની સાંજ (Evening of October 9, 1957).


  • Narrative Description: 

  • The text opens poetically, describing moonlight pouring over the lunar surface

  •  ("ચંદ્રની ધરતી પર પૃથ્વીની સુધા વરસી રહી છે..."). It paints a vivid picture of giant

  •  craters, steep hills, and deep valleys cast in eerie shadows under the cold

  •  lunar atmospheric conditions.


  • Character / Narrative Focus: 

  • The text introduces a figure, શશિ (Shashi), sitting on the terrace of a moonlit

  •  building/mansion (આકાશી-મહેલની અગાસી), deep in thought with head resting

  •  on both hands. It describes Shashi lost in profound contemplation for a long

  •  time, eventually getting up abruptly, looking around, and pacing hurriedly

  •  back and forth across the terrace before stopping suddenly at a corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment