Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Monday, 24 August 2026

H1B Visa @ $ 103,000 ? Golden Opportunity for India

 







The latest headline about the $103,000 fee for new H-1B visas is, at first glance,

 a shock to the system. But if you have been watching the "human geometry" of

 our industry for the last decade, you know this was not a bolt from the blue—it is

 a clear, loud signal to pivot.


For years, I have argued that the era of shipping large numbers of engineers to

 client sites is brittle. When policies change, headcount-led models wobble. Now,

 with this price tag, the market is forcing a transformation we should have

 accelerated long ago.


The Opportunity: From "Body Shop" to "Brain Factory"


India does not need to lament visa curbs. We must seize this moment to stop

 outsourcing our future talent strategy and instead solidify our position as the

 "Brain Factory" of the world.


Instead of moving bodies, we must move value. The $103,000 fee is the final push

 to transition from labor-arbitrage to high-value IP, R&D, and remote-delivered

 digital services.


The $103,000 fee is not an end; it is a mirror. It shows us that we have been too

 dependent on external labor markets. If we move deliberately and boldly, we can

 convert this disruption into a stronger, more resilient future where Indian geeks

 deliver world-class innovation from right here at home.


Sources

#TitleDateAbout
1Can Indian IT Re-invent itself?2017-02-01Argues for shifting business models away from headcount toward new technology platforms.
2When the H-1B Door Closes: Why I Keep Saying India Must Become the ‘Brain Factory’2025-09-01Advocates for moving from exporting labor to exporting ideas, platforms, and IP.
3When Panic Becomes Opportunity: Reflections on the $100K H‑1B Fee and What I’d Seen Coming2025-09-01Discusses the fee hike as a catalyst for remote-first and outcome-oriented contracting.
4No claim to prophecy — just foresight2025-09-01Proposes India as the "Back Factory of the World" through remote-delivered digital services.
5When a Visa Hike Becomes a Mirror: Why India Must Double‑Down on Deep Tech2025-09-01Urges India to use visa shocks to boost domestic deep-tech capabilities and startups.
6America First Visa Policy2026-05-01Explores re-orienting delivery models to rely less on physical mobility and more on automation.

No comments:

Post a Comment