Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Translate

Friday, 28 August 2026

AI powered Farming Projects

 The Maharashtra government's pilot of an AI-powered farming project for 10,000 farmers is a welcome step, but it brings me back to a fundamental point I’ve emphasized since 2020: we must focus on "Selling Farm Laws before selling Farm Crops."

My Perspective: Infrastructure and Trust

I have long argued that simply introducing technology or new laws is insufficient if we don't first address the core fears and infrastructural needs of farmers. My proposal has consistently been about building a bridge of trust through concrete, tangible benefits:

Why the Maharashtra AI Pilot Matters

While I applaud this AI initiative, I believe its success depends on whether it addresses the farmer's practical reality. If the AI helps them grow more but does nothing to solve the storage and bargaining power issues, we are only doing half the job.

As I wrote in my earlier reflections, the key to lasting reform is demonstrating that the government and corporate partners are committed to the farmer's long-term prosperity—not just extracting yield. By integrating storage infrastructure and guaranteed pricing floors into these technological pilots, we move from just "selling" an idea to actually delivering a secure and profitable future for the farmer.


Sources

#TitleDateAbout
1How about introducing a PLI for agricultural produce ?2020-12-01My proposal for a Production Linked Incentive to boost farm productivity.
2e-NAM ; reimagined to resolve farmer agitation2020-12-01My plan to make e-NAM a transparent platform for contract farming.
3AGREEMENT WITH KISAN UNIONS ? CONSIDER THESE SUGGESTIONS2023-11-01My argument for CSR-funded cold storage to support contract farming.
4Contract Farming : a small beginning ?2024-10-01My commentary on government efforts in contract farming for pulses.

No comments:

Post a Comment