Subject:
Transparency in Sankalp Yatra – Publishing the "Sankalp to Sampanna" Report Card
===========================================
Respected Amitbhai Shah ,
Congratulations on the launch of the BJP Sankalp Yatra. As the party embarks on this significant journey across the nation from September 17 to October 17, it provides an invaluable opportunity to engage directly with millions of voters.
To build unprecedented trust and demonstrate the party's commitment to accountability, I propose that the BJP publish a "Sankalp to Sampanna" report card in leading national and regional newspapers during this Yatra.
As I tabulated in my simplified summary of the 2019 Sankalp Patra, citizens respond best to clarity. By presenting a side-by-side comparison of the original promises alongside their actual, verified achievements, the party can showcase a clear track record of performance.
This transparency initiative would:
- Demonstrate Confidence: Publicly owning the progress made against each promise strengthens the party’s credibility.
- Set a New Standard: It elevates the political discourse from rhetoric to data-driven evidence.
- Enhance Engagement: Millions of citizens will appreciate the effort to report on these "Sankalps" in a simple, measurable format.
I have previously outlined a framework for this—assigning a third-party monitoring agency to each item and publishing progress quarterly on ministry websites. Incorporating even a condensed version of this "Target vs. Achievement" tracking into the Yatra’s communication strategy would be a powerful signal of governance.
I am confident that such a move would vastly help your cause and resonate deeply with the electorate.
With regards,
Hemen Parekh Andheri, Mumbai www.HemenParekh.ai | www.HemenParekh.in
For your reference, I have previously detailed a framework for this accountability model, which can be viewed here:
- Simple Summary of Sankalp: My original tabulation of the 2019 Sankalp Patra and the "Sankalp to Sampanna" action plan.
- Redesign Banknotes for Black Money Management: An earlier proposal on using technology and third-party monitoring to bring transparency to governance.
No comments:
Post a Comment